Don't see what you are looking for? Email Ruby for specific inquiries.
If she can't help you, she may know someone who can.
- Monday, September 17 - American Red Cross Lifeguarding + Waterfront (Blended Learning) Asheville, NC area - $205
- Friday, September 28-Saturday September 29 - American Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid - Brevard, NC - $200
- Thursday, October 11 - Friday, October 12 - American Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid - Hendersonville, NC - $200
- Monday, October 29 - Tuesday, October 30 - Leave No Trace Trainer Course - Location TBA (Tentatively Asheville or Brevard, NC) - $175
- Tuesday, December 11 - Wednesday, December 12 - American Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid - Brevard, NC - $200
Don't see a course time above that works for your group? Email Ruby to discuss options for you and your group.
American Red Cross
The primary purpose of this course is to train lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. Topics include water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. The new program reflects the latest Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) science. In-person and blended learning options available. All Lifeguarding classes include in-person skill verification.
- Add-ons available: Waterfront Skills
- Stand-alones available (may be added to Lifeguarding or offered as a standalone course):
- Administering Emergency Oxygen
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine AutoInjectors
- Asthma Inhaler Training,
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
The primary purpose of this course is to help participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to give immediate care to an injured or ill person and to decide whether advanced medical care is needed. This program offers a choice of first aid, CPR and AED to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience. This is a community level certification. CPR for the Professional Rescuer is also available.
Wilderness & Remote First Aid
This program is designed to teach individuals how to deal with emergency situations by using first aid skills in a delayed-help environment.
Leave No Trace
Leave No Trace Trainer*
The two-day Leave No Trace Trainer Course is a vital component of the national Leave No Trace program. It is a condensed version of the Master Educator Course and is designed for educators, guides, agency employees, other outdoor professionals and anyone interested in learning more about minimum impact skills and ethics. This course covers the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace as well as techniques for disseminating these low impact skills.
Leave No Trace Awareness Workshop
An Awareness Workshops is any formal Leave No Trace training that is one-day or less in length. These workshops can be tailored to educators, youth, college students, scouts, outdoor professionals or anyone with an interest in learning more about Leave No Trace skills and ethics. At the core of these trainings are the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace. However, the presented information can be easily adapted for specific audiences, environments or recreational needs.
American Camp Association
The ACA Basic Standards Course is specifically designed to help prepare people who are new to the accreditation process for their accreditation visits, and to serve as an introduction to the standards program for those interested in becoming accreditation visitors.
The Standards Update Course is designed for the camp director or staff member who has been actively involved in the preparation of materials and the on-site visit at an ACA-accredited camp in the recent past.
Associate Visitor Course
The ACA Associate Visitor Course provides training to individuals who wish to volunteer to conduct accreditation visits. Participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a visitor, including legal implications of visitor actions; develop information-gathering skills; and learn to use resources available to make consistent compliance decisions.
New Director Orientation (NDO)
The NDO is a seven-hour course for seasonal or new camp directors, assistant directors, program directors, or persons that have been in other administrative positions and are considering directing a camp. The NDO course helps directors and supervisors develop the skills they need to be effective leaders for their camp program. This course covers five critical areas to help directors and supervisors develop the skills they need to be effective leaders: camp management, risk management, camper behavior, staff training, and staff supervision. The NDO is a very comprehensive, full-day program geared toward the first-time camp or program director or those new to those roles.
Prices and scheduling for all courses vary depending on number of students, facilities/equipment rental, insurance fees, and student materials.
Contact Ruby about booking a course or upcoming open enrollment dates.
Need a person with a certification?
Ruby is available for hire on an as-needed basis to fill in your staffing gaps.
Please note that summer dates fill quickly.
Ruby's Current Certifications
- American Camp Association Standards Instructor
- American Camp Association Standards Visitor
- American Camp Association Middle Managers Certificate of Added Qualification
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding + Waterfront
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor (LGI)
- American Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor (WFAI)
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Class B license; Passenger endorsement (P); Air brakes approved
- Leave No Trace Master Educator*
- NOLS WMI Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
Email Ruby to inquire about availability.
*The Leave No Trace training designations are recognized training achievements and competencies by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics; however, the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics does not offer formal certifications.